Skip to main content

Training. 2015

Beginning of 2015 I had a huge race calendar in front of me. Having to move twice and starting 2 new jobs was hard on my training, stability in life is key. So this affected my training and racing, also dealt with a minor injury that was haunting me since last October. Took a few months completely off to refocus and figure out where I am and what goal I want for 2015. 

Ever since I fractured my femur March 2014 I've lost the WANT to run any distance longer than 12 hours. That want may come back in time, to be competitive in this sport of ultra-running, most think that you need to run Hundos and 24 Hour Races. Yes, it's bad ass and so amazing to push your abilities above and beyond, and one day I hope I can be competitive in that field. Mentally, I am strong for the "short" distance in ultra running. Mental toughness in this sport comes in time and practice, I still consider myself new to this sport and I have a lot to learn.

So I've directed my focus on my strength that I have right now. I took 3 years off marathon running. Did a "come-back" marathon in 3:02 2 weeks after a 12 hour trail race. Looking back I may have went sub 3 hours if I was trained properly and well rested. What ifs could ifs. Still marathons are not my strongest but they could be with focus. All my focus is towards the 50k distance, PR 3:48:25, again on not proper training and only 2 weeks after an attempted 24 hour (79 miles in Aprox. 12:50). 

The National 50k Championships is early March. Which means I have plenty of time to focus my training on this event. The next few months the marathon and 50k distance is where I will be, focusing on speed and strength. 

Coming back after a break, I've ran a 4:07:05 50k and 1:28:43 half marathon, slower than what I would have wanted but as I stand now their great times coming back from injuries. I still have plenty of time to improve my speed, I have a 50k in 2 weeks with a goal time of 3:48, and the Savannah Rock and Roll Marathon November 7 with a goal time of 2:55.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Worlds End Ultra 50k

If you don't look off to the sides, bears aren't there.  If you don't focus so much on the trail infront of you, you don't see snakes...  Maybe that noise I just heard was just some other runner falling into rubbish or maybe it's a bear? Well no bear and no snakes sights during this event, which is a win in my eyes!  World's End Ultra Marathon.   Location: Worlds End State Park, Pennsylvania  Distance: 50k Elevation gain: 6200+ft Course conditions: Wet, Mud Nutrition: 2 liters water, 4 oz coke. Looking back at all the ultra marathons I have ran (over 30 finishes) closer to over 40 If you want to count the few DNFs and a few distance switches. Besides the point, out of 30+ ultras I have ran, Worlds End is the toughest, most challenging course I have come across for the 50k distance, and to make the race even more brutal, we ran it in a heat wave. Rewind to 2 weeks prior. I got an email that my name was selected off the waitlist to be a participant. I

50 Mile Training

The best training cycle I've ever gone through- I kept track of my daily runs/workouts and how I felt on them. - this is before Strava existed 🤣 So here it goes... 2023 RACES Scranton Half Marathon: (goal time: 1:35:00) 1:34:35 Dirty German Endurance 25km: (goal time: 2:05:00) Cayuga 50km :  (goal time: 6:30:00) Pine Creek Challenge 50 Mile: (goal time: 7:15:00) Steamtown Marathon: (goal time: 3:15:00) JFK 50 Mile: (goal time: 7:30:00) March 6th-12th (38.8 miles 1,883ft) Taper for USATF 50k Championships turned into a recovery week. Hip is slightly inflamed due to back nerve issues so made the call to sit out of the National 50k for this year so I can make it to the next starting line.  MONDAY : REST DAY TUESDAY : 7.6 Road Miles : Tempo Bursts. 1.5 WU, 2 min on 1 min off for 5 miles, 1 mile easy. Effort 7-8 (7:43/mile). WEDNESDAY : REST DAY THURSDAY : 7 Road Miles : Tempo Bursts. 1.5 WU, 1 min on 1 min off for 4 miles. 1.5 Easy. Effort 7-8(7:40/mile) FRIDAY : ACTIVE RE

MIA

I ALMOST completely erased my entire "One Run Closer" blog that I started back in early 2014, reading through all my past training, race goals and race recaps left me realizing how much I changed since I found this sport.  I decided to leave my blog be, after all in some moment of time what I wrote meant something significant to me. Even though so much has changed, I changed, it may be all those instances, all those injuries, all those jabs in life that made me who I am today. Moving forward, and looking to find something that will give me significance and a reason to feel the fire again and also keep me accountable and most importantly find mindfulness and joy in life and running again. I feel that I should go into depth of where I am coming from to explain why I am here. 8 years ago or more I was once wrote about being one of the best female ultra runners on the East Coast. Still to this day I never thought that as being true. Yes, I won ultras, claimed and brok