Skip to main content

Running in my eyes


Be your own motivation and inspire others to do the same


#transformationtuesday probably my most favorite change I made in my life. Going beyond the norm and reaching for goals that most don't even think of. #marathonandbeyond #ultrarunning I don't believe everyone should run, I run because it's my life, I see so many people who run bc it's the new trend and that's great, it's a healthy lifestyle, don't force it, don't make it a job or a chore bc your friends do it, find your place in being active and do it over and over again until it breaks you or kills you. #mylife #love #running #runningmotivation #delirium24 #lowcountryultras #ultrarunning #scranton #nepa #adidasrunning @nationalrunningcenter thank you.



It's the act of running that matters, not the pace or the distance it's the journey where it takes you in life, the people you meet the adventures that the trail takes you. You can only be competitive with one person who matters the most, which is you. Don't make running a job or a chore, enjoy the moment, it might not last long. Run while you can and as you go inspire others and lift them higher. #ultrarunning #trailrunning #running #nepa #runningmotivation



and make them your reality.. Short term and long term goals will happen if you give it your all and stay dedicated to what you truly want and don't give in and give up, first mile is always the hardest. #ultratraining #ultrarunner #ultrarunning #miles #goals #dreams #runningmotivation


When something upsets you, don't give in or give up, stand your ground with your head held high, and move on to better things all while proving to those who didn't believe in you that you are better and stronger. This can comply to a few different areas of my life right now. So I'm going to dream like there are no boundaries and stay focused on what's to come


Repost. Thanks to @samanthacarrie4 

I know most feel the same way. #ultrarunning is so time consuming and trying to find just that extra time to do daily things like.. Take a shower, eat-while not running, go to the bank/pay bills, spend quality time with those you love. But some how you manage. And when your at work all you think about is tomorrow's run... and when your running all your thinking about is food, dogs, or how much you can't wait to come home and squeeze @anthony_naro #balance


Sometimes I wonder if the word CAN'T when entered in ones mind takes affect on ones physical performance. Also, i think that the word can't is what your mind thinks when you hit the wall, 1 2 3 maybe even 4 times during running.... How do you clear your mind of can't? How do you get past that wall? #ultrarunning #ultratraining #ultrarunner #runningmotivation #running Remember why you started, remember all those miles you put in training, remember all those I CANTs I have to run, remember that what you are doing is what you LOVE and you CANT give up.


Dreams, Goals, Reality. All done while believing in yourself. Reality won't happen if you don't do the work and do it right. #persistence in action will make you come closer and your heart and drive will get you there. #ultrarunning #runningmotivation #running #ultrarunner #ultratraining #believe #goals #goodnight


I started running when I was 8. Ran throughout high school, college. Ran marathons. 3 years ago I started venturing into ultra running. Over the past 2 years I have hit many bumps in the road, I have gone through a divorce, move 900 miles away from my closest friends, gone through an injury which at points thought I wouldn't and couldn't bounce back from. Every person has baggage, has a past, has regrets, and faults. It's how you overcome those and build yourself stronger, better and wiser. So dont let what is stopping you now stop you forever. #ultrarunning #ultrarunner #ultratraining #running #runningmotivation #injury #journey #irun



It's okay to be a little selfish when it comes to chasing your goals. Just be a good person, have a good heart, stay motivated on what's important. As you progress in life and in your goals you will shortly find out who your true friends are, who actually love and support you and your dreams. Inspire others to be better, that's the best gift you can give. #ultrarunning #ultratraining #running #runningmotivation

Comments

  1. Guess it's time I do the work I need to! :) Nice race last weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Worlds End Ultra 50k

If you don't look off to the sides, bears aren't there.  If you don't focus so much on the trail infront of you, you don't see snakes...  Maybe that noise I just heard was just some other runner falling into rubbish or maybe it's a bear? Well no bear and no snakes sights during this event, which is a win in my eyes!  World's End Ultra Marathon.   Location: Worlds End State Park, Pennsylvania  Distance: 50k Elevation gain: 6200+ft Course conditions: Wet, Mud Nutrition: 2 liters water, 4 oz coke. Looking back at all the ultra marathons I have ran (over 30 finishes) closer to over 40 If you want to count the few DNFs and a few distance switches. Besides the point, out of 30+ ultras I have ran, Worlds End is the toughest, most challenging course I have come across for the 50k distance, and to make the race even more brutal, we ran it in a heat wave. Rewind to 2 weeks prior. I got an email that my name was selected off the waitlist to be a participant. I

50 Mile Training

The best training cycle I've ever gone through- I kept track of my daily runs/workouts and how I felt on them. - this is before Strava existed 🤣 So here it goes... 2023 RACES Scranton Half Marathon: (goal time: 1:35:00) 1:34:35 Dirty German Endurance 25km: (goal time: 2:05:00) Cayuga 50km :  (goal time: 6:30:00) Pine Creek Challenge 50 Mile: (goal time: 7:15:00) Steamtown Marathon: (goal time: 3:15:00) JFK 50 Mile: (goal time: 7:30:00) March 6th-12th (38.8 miles 1,883ft) Taper for USATF 50k Championships turned into a recovery week. Hip is slightly inflamed due to back nerve issues so made the call to sit out of the National 50k for this year so I can make it to the next starting line.  MONDAY : REST DAY TUESDAY : 7.6 Road Miles : Tempo Bursts. 1.5 WU, 2 min on 1 min off for 5 miles, 1 mile easy. Effort 7-8 (7:43/mile). WEDNESDAY : REST DAY THURSDAY : 7 Road Miles : Tempo Bursts. 1.5 WU, 1 min on 1 min off for 4 miles. 1.5 Easy. Effort 7-8(7:40/mile) FRIDAY : ACTIVE RE

MIA

I ALMOST completely erased my entire "One Run Closer" blog that I started back in early 2014, reading through all my past training, race goals and race recaps left me realizing how much I changed since I found this sport.  I decided to leave my blog be, after all in some moment of time what I wrote meant something significant to me. Even though so much has changed, I changed, it may be all those instances, all those injuries, all those jabs in life that made me who I am today. Moving forward, and looking to find something that will give me significance and a reason to feel the fire again and also keep me accountable and most importantly find mindfulness and joy in life and running again. I feel that I should go into depth of where I am coming from to explain why I am here. 8 years ago or more I was once wrote about being one of the best female ultra runners on the East Coast. Still to this day I never thought that as being true. Yes, I won ultras, claimed and brok